What is Google My Business?
Google My Business is a free tool from Google that helps you manage your business information online.
When you add your listing to Google My Business, you can add a description, photos, a phone number, website, operating hours, and more.
Your business information will show up in Google Search and Google Maps – yes many people search for local businesses using Google Maps), but many people search for local business on their smartphones, using Google search as well. When they do, they usually end up seeing a business listing.
How do I add my business to Google My Business?
- Go to Google My Business.
- Either log into your @gmail account or create a new Google business account.
- If Google created a business listing for you, then you can search for your business online, see if you have a listing first and then click on “Own this business”.
- Follow the steps, enter your information and then wait for the post card to arrive to confirm that you are the owner of this listing. The postcard will be sent to your business’s location.
Is Google My Business secure?
Yes, GMB is 100% secure.
Is Google My Business based in the US or the world?
GMB is a global feature. So you can have a Google My Business Page no matter where your company is located or how big its office is.
How can I optimise my Google My Business listing for local search?
You can optimise your GMB listing for local search by telling potential customers what you do. For example, within the services section, list all of the services your company offer. If you sell products, you can add products to your listing too.
The other way to optimise is by adding local keywords in the description of your business listing. For example, “Studio Fifty5 hairdressers,” can appear in your local business description. This means that your company name, address, phone number, and hours for your location will automatically appear in search results for the keywords you’ve chosen; in this example, the keyword is “hairdressers”.
Why should you use Google My Business?
By taking the time to add your business to Google, you can create a stronger web presence and reach more people online. The more information you share, the more likely you are to get found.
Your listing will also allow you to:
- Receive and replu tp reviews from customers.
- Publish Posts directly to GSearch and GMaps.
- Answer FAQs
- Be visible on Google Maps
- Be visible on Google Search
- Share updates on business hours or COVID-19 regulations.
- List your business’s amenities.
- Turn on Google Messaging and allow customers to contact you directly from Google (only works with the GMB App).
GMB is the portal through which Google delivers location information to business owners and consumers. Your listing will be the hub where you can market your products and services to your targeted audience.
What Is Google My Business Limited To?
Whether you decide to use GMB, it’s important to remember that this service has many limitations. So keep these tips in mind:
- You are limited to the number of businesses you can have on one listing.
- You can only have one listing per location.
- Adding more business listings to loactions where you are not based will affect your SEO negatively – do not do this. Instead list all the areas you service within the “Service Area” section.
- GMB will focus on reaching customer organically but having a business listing will be beneficial to your ad campaigns (improve your quality score, your ads might have additional features and you will start your Google ads with R600 credit).
- If you have a website but you do not have a business listing your website or business location will not be suggested in search results, you should start the process of getting your listing live immediately – its free.
How to manage your business page if it’s already set up
If you already have a business page, you can manage it by editing information, adding pictures, and uploading posts.
You can also manage listings on the Google My Business app for quick uploads.
Google knows a lot about the communities associated with your business, and they use this knowledge to rank your business better in the local search results. So, regardless of the business category you have, here are some other reasons to start participating in Google My Business:
Faster Page Speed Ranking: this is one of the chief goals of most local search engine optimization (SEO), if not the prime reason to set up your listing and your website in the first place.
Better Customer Experience: Google My Business provides users with feedback buttons on some listing pages, letting users directly express their satisfaction/dissatisfaction. This feedback is strictly used to improve the overall quality of the ranking for your business, and you should definitely take advantage of it.
Local SEO: local SEO is a form of internet marketing that enhances the local ranking of your website and local business listings. Your listing will work with your website to rank higher and get a better reach.
If you’re working towards a goal of claiming your Google My Business listing for your location, but you’re not sure exactly what you need to do, then you should contact us, we can assist you with claiming and verifying your Google My Business listing, optimise it and show you how to manage it.